ASOS Bikini Top (sold out, similar here), ASOS Bottoms (sold out, similar here), Miu Miu Sunglasses, ASOS Hat (sold out, similar here or this instead)
I always get asked on instagram how I find the best swimwear. Truth is, I look where everyone else looks, I've just gotten quite good at knowing what to look for when bikini shopping after so many beach holidays. The wrong bikini can make you look bigger than you are, and the opposite goes for the right bikini.
- If you're not into searching every corner of the web and you're looking for one website that has a wide range of bikinis, ASOS is your best bet. They carry some of my favourite swimwear brands like Seafolly and their own brand is great too- you're bound to find something that's your style, and they have amazing quality and support. Nasty Gal is really good as well.
- For those suffering the lower tummy pouch affliction, stick to high-waisted silhouettes. You might have noticed that I only ever wear high-waisted bikinis. They allow your body to look great despite that lower abdominal pouch that just won't go away. I'll always wear high-waisted bikinis even after I reach my goals because they enhance your body shape in a beautiful way- I also find them generally more stylish.
- If you are have small boobs, and if you're pear shaped, a good way to keep the high-waisted bikini sexy is to wear with a triangle bikini. They allow for a modest cleavage and are very flattering.
- If you're body shy or you never reached your summer body goals, try a swimsuit in a darker colour- like black or red. There are such gorgeous swimsuits these days, that you won't even feel like you're missing out.
- Another way to look a little bit slimmer, is to wear a cropped top bikini. They are super stylish but still sexy enough.
- If you have really big boobs, a balcony shaped bikini top, like I am wearing in these photos, is great as it provides a nice lift and extra support. Tops like this are also perfect. You might want to avoid little triangle shaped bikinis, except you're into excessive spillage. ASOS actually has an entire category for fuller bust bikini types.
- For the dark-skinned girls, be adventurous with colour when shopping for bikinis. Bright colours such as orange, yellow, blue and lime green always look amazing and make your skin look perfectly sun-kissed. White also looks fabulous!
- Peplum-cut swimwear gives the illusion of a slimmer figure.
- Low-cut and strappy swimwear looks really great with small boobs and slim figures. If you're more voluptuous, they can cut your body in unflattering ways and places.
- If you're slim, you can pretty much rock any bikini or swimsuit type. If you have really small boobs, you might want to avoid some balcony-shaped bikinis that gape at the front and will make you look like your boobs are missing. I have fallen victim to this a few times, it's not cute.
My favourite swimwear on the market right now:
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | Tumblr | Youtube
Follow me on twitter, and ask me anything!